Assignment 03 | GD 220-01 | Fall 2018 | 3 CREDITS
We Could Be Heroes
Adapted from an assignment by Mark Sanders
5 HTML / CSS web pages (super power(s), origin story, city of residence, weakness, and arch enemy)
1 Flag / Banner
From Jung’s common personality archetypes, create the persona and identity of a new superhero that has an opposite personality from yours. Design and build a website that presents the super power(s), origin story, city of residence, weakness, and arch enemy as a non-linear narrative that is unified as a visual system.
Assign: Archetype selection, research and name list (1-3)
In-class: Name selection and word mark / emblem design (4), Begin Visual system creation
Assign: Finish Visual system creation and create single-page narratives (5-6)
No Class, Thanksgiving
Assign: HTML/CSS web page creation.(7)
Assign: HTML/CSS web page creation. (7)
Assign: Final website and navigation. (8)
Final Files Due
- From the 12 Jungian Archetypes (Explorer, Magician, Rebel, Jester, Lover, Everyman, Caregiver, Ruler, Creator, Innocent, Sage, Hero), choose at least 3 that you DO NOT think describe your personality. For more descriptions of the archetypes, visit This Page
- Assign a super power(s), origin story, city of residence, weakness, and arch enemy for a superhero that embodies the combination of these personality types. Research should be in the form of both text and image.
- From careful consideration of all your research, generate a list of names for your superhero. For samples of superhero names, visit This Page .
- Select one name from this list. Design a word mark and emblem that conveys your superhero’s name and identity, paying close attention to how color and symbol reinforce communication.
- Create a visual system utilizing attributes of the word mark and emblem to unify a website. Consider how navigation is a component of this system.
- Synthesize each aspect of your research (super power(s), origin story, city of residence, weakness, and arch enemy) into their own cohesive 1-page narrative.
- Create an HTML/CSS web page for each aspect of your research that visually / verbally presents the individual narratives. Be sure to utilize components of your visual system to unify each page. Collectively, each page will form a website that tells the story of your superhero.
- Link all pages together via navigation menu. Create an interaction for each link that provides feedback when hovered and clicked.
- Create a Flag / banner to be displayed on a homepage of the website that tells the story of all the class’ superheroes.
- All content (images and text) and supporting graphics must be your own.